Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone remind me my AVG 8 now won't update!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 6 Nov 2008 19:55

Was there something about this recently, well mine has been ok up until now, but now wont update.

Betty

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 6 Nov 2008 19:58

I have just nudged the thread you need to the top of the general board

Linda

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 6 Nov 2008 20:00

Hi Linda,

Thank you so much, I just couldn't remember where it was or what the thread said. I will just go and have a look, hope it works ok. Thanks again for your help!!

Betty

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 6 Nov 2008 20:19

Its still not working!!

Redharissa

Redharissa Report 6 Nov 2008 22:30

Same here! Maybe it will have sorted itself out by tomorrow.

Huia

Huia Report 6 Nov 2008 23:20

If you mean the update manager failing, mine does that most days, sometimes more than once. I just click on the thing down the bottom with the cross on and a window comes up and I then click on update now and sometimes it gives a second window to click on. Most frustrating, didnt have this happen with the previous lot of AVG.
Good luck with it.
Huia aka Hujen.

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 6 Nov 2008 23:49

Mine was doing that earlier and when I clicked on update now it still failed.

I rebooted and it is now fine, so probably just a glitch their end.

Try closing down and rebooting Betty.

Christine

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 7 Nov 2008 23:17

I had to re-install it this week to get it going again!!

Norah

Libby

Libby Report 8 Nov 2008 01:24

Daughters was like this about 6 weeks ago. Re-installed it twice - made no difference.

Left it for 3 days on advice from various people.... then everything was ok.... been ok since.

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 8 Nov 2008 09:00

Gave up with AVG and installed an alternative

Anne

Anne Report 8 Nov 2008 09:38

I have that problem occaisionally.

When I boot up the PC, I get a message that AVG has failed. I ignopre this, unless going onto the internet. When I do go on the internet, I double (or triple..) click on the shield, and then click on the undate manager bit. If this fails, I click again on the update manager bit and it usually works.

As far as I can tell, everytime you boot up the PC, you will get the 'failed' message whether or not you go on the internet. If you update, but don't log off, all is well, until you boot up again. I accept this as one of the irritating PC thingies.

I hope that this makes sense.

Anne