Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

French

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 6 Nov 2008 21:15

Could anyone tell me how to find my grandmothers brothers born after 1901. I have found Robert and Lesley French born 1897 and 1899. But there was another brother known as Jack and possibly another brother who was killed in war, Their parents were Robert Marsh French and Elizabeth Jane Gauron. Any help and info would be greatly appreciated

Thank you Linda

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 6 Nov 2008 21:30

I think you might need to wait for the 1911 census. There are just to many Frenchs.

Rose

Linda

Linda Report 6 Nov 2008 21:32

Ok Rose but thank you for your help and time

Linda

Linda

Linda Report 6 Nov 2008 21:37

Thank you David. Info very much appreciated. Am going to follow your advice now.

Regards Linda

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 6 Nov 2008 21:49

They were in West Ham in 1901 but there are still loads of Frenchs.

Rose

Linda

Linda Report 6 Nov 2008 22:05

Hi Rose they were in westham but as you say loads of french's but it was very kind of you to help thank you

Linda

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 6 Nov 2008 22:05

You could plough through all the French names on the Ancestry WW1 records. Free to view at the moment.

Linda

Linda Report 6 Nov 2008 22:16

Thank you to all of you for help and advice

Linda

Linda Report 6 Nov 2008 22:55

Thank you von I will do that first thing 2moro

Linda