Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help!!!! Please!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 7 Nov 2008 22:55

Can anyone advise if you are able to print off individual details of relatives (the section where you load name, dob, occupation, marriage etc) on 'my family tree' section.

I have got so much valuable info now and would love to be able to print each individuals details off as a record.

Please advise if this can be done and if so - how?

Thank you to everyone and anyone who can help!!!

Sue

Sidami

Sidami Report 7 Nov 2008 23:44

Suzanne.
If you have only got your tree on here then I advise you to put it on a programme you can download a free one from the Family Search site.....very easy to work.
If this site ever goes down then all your work would of been waisted !!

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 7 Nov 2008 23:55

Sue

Thank you for that info, I will get that done a.s.a.p.

Thank you again,
Are you able to copy and paste from here to Family Search?

Sue

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 7 Nov 2008 23:58

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp

Go to Family Search

Right hand side of page there is the option to download Free PAF Family History Software

No idea if this particular tree program accepts GEDCOM as usually you send one to your email addy from GR and then load onto which tree program you have. If it does then scroll down this page and you will see the option to Import/Export Gedcom

Sure some one else will explain better than I have

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 8 Nov 2008 00:34

Glitter Baby

THank you will get that done now, much appreciated

Sue

Spud Fae Livi

Spud Fae Livi Report 8 Nov 2008 02:42

PAF does accept GEDCOM.
If I remember correctly I think that it was the IGI that created GEDCOM.

Spud