Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wow!! & Software Question

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 9 Nov 2008 14:44

I just started searching this week and went to ask Mum and Dad what they new so I could start and we looked through a load of old papers and found my Grandfather had kept loads of birth and death certificates for his family which is well cool and means I've got a real starter, Mum and Dad also had a bash at this with someof her relatives and gave me Family Tree Maker with a started tree,

Have loaded as much as I can and am now trying to trace the next level!

Ta guys

Bx

Has any one used Family Tree Maker is it any good compared with ones out there (it Seems a bit americanised!!)

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 9 Nov 2008 15:01

You've certainly got a head start Rebecca. I have nudged Heather Posi's Tips for Newbies to the top of the Trying to Find board for you. Take a look as I am sure it will help.
Also, if you enter Family Tree Maker in the box on the left of the page you will find many people have commented on it. Hope this helps.

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 9 Nov 2008 15:20

Thank you Cynthia, these tips are great!

Bx