Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The rght order of christian names

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 10 Nov 2008 19:21

Hi
Someone I married and have since divorced told me his christian names were Robert Reginald James and this was on our marriage certificate. I was just looking at the listings on Genes Reunited for his birth to find out his mothers maiden name, and on there he is listed as Reginald Robert James. Does that make any difference to our marriage? He has married three more times since then under the same name. Is that legal??
Chris

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 10 Nov 2008 19:42

as far as i know you can use whatever name you like

my grandmother used a different surname from her birth name but was never legally adopted or changed her name by deed poll

Christine

Christine Report 10 Nov 2008 19:47

So, that won't have made our marriage illegal or anything then. Thank God for that!!!

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 10 Nov 2008 19:55

I seem to remember Princess Di getting Charles' order wrong though I'm sure it was put on the actual certificate in the right order.