Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scottish Death certificate c 1968

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 13 Nov 2008 22:24

Would a certificate mention whether a married woman had divorced?
Any help would be great please.

Gwyn

Alistair

Alistair Report 14 Nov 2008 13:48

My late uncle's cert (1993) mentions that he was divorced, and gives the name of his ex.

Alistair

dutch

dutch Report 14 Nov 2008 14:31

my great grandfather was widower on his death cert but cant find were his wife is buried as in scotland it seems some use to use the maiden name not married one when they died ,thats so confusing
Dutch

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 14 Nov 2008 17:28

Hi Dutch,

I have never heard of that on Scottish certificates all mine have had married name on their death certificate.

Betty

dutch

dutch Report 14 Nov 2008 18:40

on my g,grandfathers deathcert it also had how long it took for him to die both his parents names and his son who was with him when he died that was 1873 in bonnington midlothian,got quite alot of rellies from there
Dutch

John

John Report 15 Nov 2008 22:28

If you go to this page on scotlandspeople you can click on any of the records on the left to find out what information they contain (eg SR Deaths will give you Statutory Register of Deaths):
[url]http://scotlandspeople.gov.uk/content/help/index.aspx?r=554&408[/url]

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 16 Nov 2008 10:26

I can see that I've alot to learn re. researching Scottish links. One day I hope to visit Scotland again and find out more.

Thank you all for your input.

Gwyn

Spud Fae Livi

Spud Fae Livi Report 16 Nov 2008 23:09

The ones that I have, have got the womans names at death.
They also show fathers name, and also any other name that they have gone by. Not sure if this includes divorcees though.
My G grandfathers death cetificate shows his two wives names and that the first was deceased and the second was still alive .

Spud