Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Getting photo's on to Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue1957

Sue1957 Report 19 Nov 2008 09:08

Could some kind person give me the Idiots guide on how to get photo's on to Ancestry.
I am not very good with computers and dont have a scanner. However I can get them scanned in at work and email them to myself at home.

Regards

Sue

Camille

Camille Report 19 Nov 2008 09:58

Do you have a Tree on Ancestry Sue ?

Sue1957

Sue1957 Report 19 Nov 2008 09:59

Hi Luelli

Yes I do

Sue

Diddydoris

Diddydoris Report 19 Nov 2008 10:01

Here's where they explain how to do it.

http://www.ancestry.co.uk/learn/learningcenters/default.aspx?section=upload2

Camille

Camille Report 19 Nov 2008 10:04

Sue , if you have put the photos onto your tree they will automatically be on the site. If you are asking how you get them on to your computer ?, you just save them into a file eg My photos or Photo album

Sue1957

Sue1957 Report 19 Nov 2008 10:09

Thank you Diddydoris and Luelli

I will look at that.

I have loads of photos that I would like to add to Ancestry but being abit of a numpty not sure how to go about it.

Thank you again

Sue

Potty

Potty Report 19 Nov 2008 12:16

Do you have a digital camera? If so, use it to photograph the photos and download to your computer.