Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family tree maker 2006

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 19 Nov 2008 16:03

I use Family Tree Maker 2006 for building my tree and currently have 983 individuals in it however when I export the entire file as a Gedcom and upload it to the Genes site it states only 921 individuals, any clues as to whats gone wrong?

Anyone else encountered this?

Heather

Heather Report 19 Nov 2008 16:21

Is it deleting your living persons for you?

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 19 Nov 2008 18:54

This question has come up on several occasions but I don't recall that anyone has come up with a complete answer.

Other than comparing names can't really think of a solution.

Personally I can't get too worked up about it.

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 19 Nov 2008 18:57

I have this software too but have never been able to transfare anything from it in the form of a gedcom,,Maybe its becasue im too empty headed

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 19 Nov 2008 19:12

Claire, are you serious.....? FTM is brilliant at exporting Gedcoms.

Heather

Heather Report 19 Nov 2008 22:55

David, do you ever do an automatic error check on your FTM? Its well worth doing now and then to see if you have inadvertently duplicated people or have "floaters" who havent been connected to any line. Click on "tools" then find error on the FTM