Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

AVG update question?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 20 Nov 2008 12:37

I have been unable to update my free AVG virus due to one of the updates not working properly.

I just wondered if anyone else has been unable to update and dowload this update called guru.avg.com

Betty

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 20 Nov 2008 12:44

Hi MGHS,

I have been trying to update this for weeks now but it doesn't work although the anti virus is running but without this one update.

When I try to update this one part it just closes say it can't update this guru.avg.com

Betty

Alistair

Alistair Report 20 Nov 2008 13:19

Better swich to Avast! No problems there.

Judy

Judy Report 20 Nov 2008 13:20

Betty:

Go right to the source for the updates you need. If it still won't update, download and reinstall AVG. AVG update is here:

http://free.avg.com/download-update

To download the newest version of AVG, go here:

http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10320142.html

Judy (in the States)

PS: Free programs are free for a reason. The most reputable and reliable ones are the ones you pay for....Norton Anti-Virus and McAffee are two of the better ones.