Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NZ Help Required Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vivienne

Vivienne Report 22 Nov 2008 07:44

William Kenneth Abercrombie died 1928 in Waipu Northland. I sent for his death certificate but it seems there isn't one. Would this be because an inquest was held into his death or is there some other explanation. Any help would be much appreciated.

Huia

Huia Report 22 Nov 2008 08:29

Vivienne, I dont think the NZ BDM are online. It is now 9.27 pm on Saturday and most places with the indexes will not be open until Monday. I cant make any promises to look anything up as I have problems at present. Sorry.
Perhaps you could nudge this up in 24 hours or so if you do not get any replies before then.
Huia.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Nov 2008 10:20

n

Linda G

Linda G Report 22 Nov 2008 13:52

n

Huia

Huia Report 22 Nov 2008 18:12

If I get time on Tues when I go to town I will look it up for you, if I remember to take the info with me. Will write it in my shopping notebook now. But if anybody else wants to do it before then, please do so.

Huia.

Valerie

Valerie Report 23 Nov 2008 03:09

The 'National Library of NZ' (Auckland) has an 'Ask a Librarian' service (on-line) ..they will check their records incl electoral rolls/newspaper death notices etc for you. (They have been excellent.) ......Valerie (W Aus)

Vivienne

Vivienne Report 23 Nov 2008 21:44

n

Huia

Huia Report 25 Nov 2008 09:42

Vivienne, I looked today at the Deaths index, from 1924 to 1936 and there was no William Kenneth Abercrombie or anything like it. I even looked for a surname Kenneth or a surname William/s. Then I looked at the cemetery fiche for Waipu and he is in grave #567.

Kenneth William, son of William & Eliza Abercrombie, d 19 July, 1928, a. 29.

Of course that does not give a cause of death.
I suppose it is possible that his death was registered, but was missed from the index. Perhaps you could ask to have it looked up now that you know the exact date (at least according to the cemetery records) and age.

How did you know that he d in 1928 in Waipu? Are you in NZ? Could you PM me as I have one or two other thoughts.

Huia.