Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

American members

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 22 Nov 2008 21:26

Hi

my aunt would like to join GR. Is this possible as she is in America. She needs to be able to view my tree and trees from other family members. If she joins from America though does it give her the same access as the UK site.
Apologies for my ignorance, i still call blue tooth ' modern magic '

Many thanks
Debby

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 22 Nov 2008 21:35

Point her in the direction of www.genesreunited.com

I'm in the UK, but I use genesreunited.co.za ( No flashing ads)

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 22 Nov 2008 21:44

There are people from all over the world, including USA & Canada. There'll be no problems.

Ozi.

Deborah

Deborah Report 22 Nov 2008 21:44

Thanks, i'll get her to take a look

Debby

Judy

Judy Report 22 Nov 2008 23:38

I am a full fledged member from the US (New Jersey, right outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) and have full membership privledges as everyone else...never had a problem.

Judy

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 23 Nov 2008 01:27

I'm here, too. :) In the past, I think my membership was a little higher than the membership paid in the UK, but this year it seemed to be about the same. (I'm not good with rate of exchange.)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 Nov 2008 04:27

and I'm a member living in Canada.

there are no restrictions based on where you live

...... only on your ability to pay :)))))))

sylvia