Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry HELP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cathy

Cathy Report 25 Nov 2008 20:20

Joined Ancestry on a 14 day trial put my credit card details etc and it wont let me look at anything it goes direct into payment when I have already done this. I then decided to cancel subscription and when I put my email address in its states the email address hasnt been acknowledged on data base. So the question is how long does it take to get started?

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 25 Nov 2008 20:23

It should start at once, try phoning them in the morning.

Cathy

Cathy Report 25 Nov 2008 20:24

Yeah I thought that will call them tomorrow. They can give me today back for the hassle lol

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 25 Nov 2008 20:30

Ancestry seems to be playing up again at the moment.

If your details have been accepted you should have received an email from them.

Christine

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 25 Nov 2008 20:46

Now does seem to be a bad time to join ancestry as they have had problems for the last few weeks , running slow and not showing results.So your free test won't really give a good idea of what is normally available.

Cathy

Cathy Report 25 Nov 2008 22:23

Yeah I thought that after I read the other thread.... great will call them tomorrow and find out whats what thanks for your help