Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ordering on line for marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 26 Nov 2008 14:17

I am trying to order a marriage certificate on line but know only the year and quarter of the marriage, not the exact date (something I am trying to find). It will only order if I supply the exact date so it is a chicken and egg situation. Any way around this?

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 26 Nov 2008 14:19

If you have the GRO refs.......which you must if you know the year and quarter....make sure you 'check' the box where you are asked if the GRO refs are known.

If you don't tell them you have this info, the request for actual date is automatic

John

John Report 26 Nov 2008 14:20

Many thanks, something I perhaps forgot to do -- I'll try again.

John

John Report 26 Nov 2008 14:48

It worked a treat -- thanks eric. What a dunce I am!!!

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 26 Nov 2008 14:58

Not at all..........these things can easily be missed!