Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can I trace via an address??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Officebirdy

Officebirdy Report 29 Nov 2008 23:32

Is it possible to trace relatives by their last known address??

I am stumped? I know that my paternal grandmother was born at 10 Sephson Road, Forest Gate and that my g-grandparents were called Ada Deering & Henry Wood, but I can't seem to go back any further??

Any tips would be appreciated.

OB

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 29 Nov 2008 23:34

You might need ada and Henry's marriage cert to go back further?

Officebirdy

Officebirdy Report 29 Nov 2008 23:39

I thought that might be the way - I have spent the past hour looking through possible matches but as I don't know either birth dates, when they married or where it's taking some time - Thought there might have been another route??

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 29 Nov 2008 23:42

You could start by the year their first child was born {your parent} find that year and then try Working back through the marriages, you may need our help if it is after the 1920s as you need the full register after that, which is not free.

Officebirdy

Officebirdy Report 30 Nov 2008 15:42

Hi Michael & Lindsey

Thanks for the tips.

My Ggrandparents had my grandmother in 1909 - there appears to be 3 other possible siblings born after her.

I have found a possible marriage match on BMD for Sept 1892 Greenwich 1d 1659 and have ordered a copy to have a look and see if it's them??

Once I have the certificate is there a way to cross reference to make sure that it is the right one??

Officebirdy

Officebirdy Report 6 Dec 2008 23:53

Hi Mick in the Sticks

You were so right, my tree has almost doubled overnight. I am completely overwhelmed by it all as I never knew how big my family is!!

Many thanks, again.

OB