Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Find My Past

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 30 Nov 2008 16:39

Just wondered if anyone subscribed to Find My Past. At the moment I subscribe to Ancestry and Genealogist but I am cancelling Genealogist after Christmas and just wondered if it would be worth subscribing to Find My Past, if I would gain anything by doing this as well as Ancestry. Find My Past also has some of the National Burial Index.

I read something on the Family History on Line website that it was transferring most of its data to Find My Past. As I use FHOL on occasion to view the unfilmed 1851 census, by just buying a few credits, just wondered if anyone knew anything about this too.

Thanks for any help

Marilyn

Kathy

Kathy Report 30 Nov 2008 16:42

have,nt subscribed to find my past .com but it does give you free access to the 1881 census

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 30 Nov 2008 16:56

Thanks Kathleen, I would get that on Ancestry though wouldnt I, just wondered if anyone knew what benefits I would get by subscribing to the two of them.

Marilyn

William

William Report 30 Nov 2008 18:47

It may be worth it in the future for FMP will have apparently exclusive access to the 1911 Census.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 30 Nov 2008 21:16

Thanks for your replies, it was just a suggestion from OH to stop subscribing to Genealogist and try something different, maybe I will stop it and just keep Ancestry for a while.

Thanks again

Marilyn