Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sad

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 2 Dec 2008 16:25

I was looking through the burial information for a church in Lancashire and found this sad comment:-

Charles Duffy, aged 23, buried on 5th October 1848. A Stranger killed in the railway.

I suspect his family never knew he had died.

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 2 Dec 2008 16:35

THATS SAD TO THINK HE DIED ALONE AND HIS FAMILY NEVER KNEW WHAT HAPPEND TO HIM STILL HAPPENS THIS DAY AND AGE IT SAD TO THINK OF THAT HAPPENING TO ANYONE

Merlin38

Merlin38 Report 2 Dec 2008 17:38

Can no longer recall the exact details but the saddest burial record I have come across was from a church in Derbyshire. It referred to a "poore blind widow", who "was burned in a pit". The record dates from the reign of "Bloody Mary" Tudor.