Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Requesting a death certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rachel

Rachel Report 5 Dec 2008 22:16

Hello,

I am wanting to purchase a death certificate, however, I do not know the date of death and the GRO website will not let me progress until this information has been entered. How do I find this information - any suggestions?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Rachel

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 5 Dec 2008 22:18

You don't need the date if you know the full GRO reference and tick the box to confirm this.

Gwyn

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 5 Dec 2008 22:41

I have never been asked for death date as long as I had full reference.
I have recently ordered and received for 1991, 1996 and previously have had 2001 with no problem.
Dates are required for recent births or marriages though I believe, if ordered online from GRO.

Gwyn

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 5 Dec 2008 22:51

Joan
If only our English certificates had as much information as the Scottish ones.....

I might not have so many brick walls then.

Gwyn

Rachel

Rachel Report 5 Dec 2008 23:00

Gwyn,

Thanks for that - I've just managed to request a death certificate on GRO using the reference.

Rachel