Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

South Africa Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 7 Dec 2008 20:53

Hi

I thought I would share my great find.

After months of searching for impossible records in South Africa I have now found a site that you can go to and you can pay them to take photographs of the documents for you.

http://www.eggsa.org/

Goto Contents, then Online Shop, then Order Archive Documents. You will need the document number from NAIRS. Anyone who needs help on this please PM me.

ive just had documents send to me on 4 relatives. It cost me just under £7 and took 3 weeks - well worth it.

Michelle

Chica in the sun ☼

Chica in the sun ☼ Report 8 Dec 2008 15:07

Thanks Michelle, I´ll nudge this up, sure it will be of help.

Joan

Joan Report 8 Dec 2008 15:35

Hi Michelle
Thanks for that. I and a fourth cousin are looking for a possible marriage and remarriage and the whereabouts of children from Bulawayo in the early part of the 1900's.
What kind of info can you find ?
I will take a look at the website but am also bookmarking this thread.
Cheers
Joan

Michelle

Michelle Report 8 Dec 2008 19:53

The information on NAIRS can be hit and miss but from what i can see its mostly death notices and estate papers like wills etc. I havent managed to get any marriage certificates myself yet but mabye ive just been unlucky.

I dont think you will find Bulawayo records as that is in Rhodesia not South Africa.

Good Luck

Michelle