Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New GR System

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alistair

Alistair Report 11 Dec 2008 19:37

No doubt this has been asked before, but I have noticed that importing a gedcom (from Family Tree Maker) where the date of death was listed as "AFT 1889" now appears on GR as "1889". Do we know if they are working on a fix for this?

Alistair

Simon

Simon Report 11 Dec 2008 21:04

Alistair,

See my thread on here about marriage dates being lost. It seems that there is a general problem with the date fields on GR. They say they are going to look at them in January...

Simon

RobG

RobG Report 11 Dec 2008 23:56

......obviously when they've read all their e-mails telling them what a terrible design the new layout is!!
I've got an inch and a half down each side with nothing but a bad bit of 70's Paisley wallpaper, whilst I have to scroll down to see a lot of the important stuff. Aaarrgghhh!!!!

****Wizzardess from Oz****

****Wizzardess from Oz**** Report 12 Dec 2008 05:56

Enlarge to 125% at the bottom of your screen and the strip disappears

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 12 Dec 2008 09:29

Or, hold down the Ctrl key and move the scroll wheel up or down until the page just exactly fills your screen. This also seems to stop the jumpy refreshing when you move up or down.

If want to enlarge more, i.e. because you need extra large printing, then the compromise is that you will need to use the left - right arrow buttons to see everything across the page.

Depending your PC Screen size, different setting will be necessary for different set ups. Small screens, in particular, are often a problem getting the display the right size.

Alistair

Alistair Report 12 Dec 2008 09:33

Thanks, Simon.

Alistair

RobG

RobG Report 12 Dec 2008 10:51

Thanks for the tips.
Still don't like the new design though ! ;-)