Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Money conversions from 1849 to 2008

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Leigh

Leigh Report 12 Dec 2008 20:14

Could anyone tell me where I might find out what an amount of money left in a Will of 1849 (£200) would be equal to today?
Any help appreciated.
Leigh

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 12 Dec 2008 20:19

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/currency/

Hello Leigh ........hopefully the above web site will be what you are looking for .

Amanda

Leigh

Leigh Report 12 Dec 2008 20:26

Hello David and Amanda
Thank you both very much, I had tried a site which I found on ask.com but didn't give what I needed, I will try this one now.
Leigh

trafiklitedol

trafiklitedol Report 12 Dec 2008 21:03

Hello Leigh

Try www.measuringworth.com I found out that a gguncle would have been worth over £2 million in todays money.

Leigh

Leigh Report 12 Dec 2008 21:20

Thank you
I have found that £200 in 1850 (nearest year) would be worth £11,706.00 today, a very good amount
Leigh