Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ledbury Herefordshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 16 Dec 2008 22:52

From 1860-1875 surgeon William Griffin was living in New Street Ledbury between the Crown & Sceptre pub and the Police station. Neither of these places exist in New Street now, so I wonder if it's possible to identify the precise location. Any ideas?

Kate

Kate Report 16 Dec 2008 23:03

Have you tried the local library? They might have an old town directory or something similar. Sometimes the directories were published annually and I think they were organised by street.

I had a look for the modern police station - it's on Worcester Road - but that's probably not much help.

Borobabs

Borobabs Report 17 Dec 2008 10:36

Paul if you are a member of FTF Salyy lives in Ledbury and there is also someone else on site who does that should be able to help you with this if no one else comes forward dear ;;;

Babs

Borobabs

Borobabs Report 17 Dec 2008 10:36

Paul if you are a member of FTF Salyy lives in Ledbury and there is also someone else on site who does that should be able to help you with this if no one else comes forward dear ;;;

Babs

BessofDorset

BessofDorset Report 17 Dec 2008 12:05

Alan Godfrey maps has a 1896 map 1 inch to on mile of N W Glous. covering Ledbury at £2 .25 on line -It might have the detail you are looking for