Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Exporting Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Raymond

Raymond Report 19 Dec 2008 15:19

Can I export my family tree from Genes to Desk top. I know it is exported to my Email address but how do I put it on my desktop, I need help please.

Sam

Sam Report 19 Dec 2008 16:00

When you receive the email, your tree will be as an attachment. Right click on it and choose 'Save As'. Then you can browse to your desktop and click save.

You won't be able to read it though unless you have some Family Tree Software or a GEDCOM viewer installed on your PC.

SimonSez

SimonSez Report 19 Dec 2008 16:03

Firstly you would need some form of family tree building software installed on your pc, such as ancestry's FTM program or download free PAF tree buildingsoftware from www.familysearch.org.

Once installed, you can save your email attachment that you have downloaded from GR ,to your pc's hard drive as a gedcom file . When you try to open the gedcom, it should open with your new tree software.