Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how do i find a Spouse on Freebmd please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

:) still smiling :)

:) still smiling :) Report 23 Dec 2008 13:52

Hi all,

I have found alittle girl with my relatives on the 1911 census named Winifred Abbott. Her relationship to head of house is Neice. she was supposably born in Kings Cross in c.1905. I beleive that the only person whose daughter she's likely to be would be Fanny Jane Plummer as she is the only sibling of the head of house whose marriage records i do not have.

I have found a probable marriage for Fanny in Islington in 1882 (1b 330) but when i click the page number there are 4 women on the page but only 2 men. On the main page it only gives the name as Fanny plummer but on the scan it is Fanny Jane which i know is her middle name from birth and other census records.

my question is how can i find the other two men who should be on that page please? Also would anyone be able to find a likely birth record for Winifred Abbott please?

Thank you all for reading.
Leanne.

Thelma

Thelma Report 23 Dec 2008 15:46

As far as I know there should only be four names on page,so two of the women don't belong.You will have to check all the images.
To find Winifred's birth you first have to identify the correct registration district.

Kate

Kate Report 23 Dec 2008 16:26

Couldn't see a Winifred Abbot but there is a Winifred Plummer b. Dec qtr 1904 Islington vol 1b pg 220 - maybe she was born before Fanny married?

Edit - forget that, I see Fanny married long before. Maybe there was a mistake on the birth certificate?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Dec 2008 17:13

wouldn't the marriage be a little too early for a daughter born in 1904/5 ,unless she was the youngest of a large family of course
If Fanny was approx 20 when she married then she would be in her 40,s when the child was born Not impossible but may be a little late

:) still smiling :)

:) still smiling :) Report 23 Dec 2008 17:36

Thank you all for your replies. Fanny was born in 1856 so it seems very unlikely it is her daughter. i say i beleive it is her because Henry Plummer's (on 1911 census) wife was Concha born in Gibralter so it seemed unlikely to be her relation. it could be i suppose but Winifred seemed quite an english name. I also cannot find a marriage here (it states in 1911 they've been married 30years) and in 1881 census Henry is a Sailor so i beleive they probably married in Gibralter then settled here. Henry and Concha had no children.

It is confusing because my grandfather knew most of his father's cousins, but has never mentioned any Abbotts. Shirley is right it would be a very late birth for a marriage in 82 but some of the relatives i have had children over a period of 24 years so i thought it not impossible.

Henry Had two other sisters and i have both their marriages and deaths so i don't beleive Winifred belongs to either of them. Perhaps one of his brothers married a woman who already had children, that could be a possibility. I haven't yet found a marriage for his brother Edward so i suppose that might be the case.

Thank you all for replying and everything is a useful suggestion. i will keep trying. Although i'm not too sure how to go about that with Concha's line! Thanks again,
Leanne.

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 23 Dec 2008 23:41

Could the Winifred Plummer b 1804 in Islington be the daughter of the head of house's sister who later married an Abbott

edit - sorry meant Winifred b 1904

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 24 Dec 2008 00:25

There is this marriage in 1912:

Marriages Mar 1912
Abbott Amelia Plummer Islington 1b 252
Plummer Obadiah H Abbott Islington 1b 252

mgnv

mgnv Report 24 Dec 2008 17:06

Often, the distinction between niece and great niece was not made, so she might be one of the latter.