Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 census help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 24 Dec 2008 01:03

am trying to find Elizabeth Graham b 1894 in Stepney, This is her family on the 1901 census and she is not with them.

George J Graham 31
Elizabeth A Graham 28
Mary A Graham 4
George J Graham 3
Edward W Graham 1

Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 328; Folio: 150; Page: 22.

I know she survived because she is shown on the 1911 census, still with her family.

If anyone can locate her I would be so grateful cos I am cross eyed with doing my tree since 11 a.m. today :-((

Thanks
Sue

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 24 Dec 2008 01:25

If she were born in 1894 she was born before the marriage and could be a Priestley:

Marriages Mar 1895
Graham George James Mile End 1c 428
Priestley Elizabeth Ann Mile End 1c 428

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 24 Dec 2008 01:40

I can't locate a birth for her under either surname. Do you have the image for 1911 or the transcript?

Rose

Sue

Sue Report 24 Dec 2008 13:00

Rose,

Thanks for replies. I have the image, says she is 17 and they have been married 18 years!

I don't know why she is so elusive!

Does this help any?

Sue

Julie

Julie Report 24 Dec 2008 14:03

Hi Sue

I have a look in the 1901 and couldn't see her...I did notice that George & Elizabeth married in 1895, So tried to look for a birth, i looked under Graham & Priestley & still couldn't see a birth for her

Julie

Sue

Sue Report 24 Dec 2008 14:19

Julie thanks for reply. I have these two possibilities. Re the birth district the Grahams altered these seemingly at will. As long as they were in the approximate area to Stepney that seemed to suit their requirments. They ended up, along with a whole load more Grahams in the same road!

These are also the same lot who used the following: Graier, Graer, Greyer, Grayer and finally Graham.

Sue

Name: Elizabeth Mary Graham
Year of Registration: 1894
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
District: Pancras (1837-1901)
County: London, Middlesex
Volume: 1b
Page: 141 (click to see others on page)

Name: Elizabeth Mary Graham
Year of Registration: 1894
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
District: Shoreditch
County: London, Middlesex
Volume: 1c
Page: 73 (click to see others on page)

Edit: Thanks Mick, I have one lying about their age in 1923 and guess what? she was marrying a blasted Graham...lol