Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for ideal ancestral chart program

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue in Somerset

Sue in Somerset Report 31 Dec 2008 15:46

For years I have been using Genopro for my various family trees and I like the tree format. However this program doesn't give as many options on different chart print outs as I'd like.

My research goes back a lot of generations and I've done my ahnentafel just as a word document. I'd much prefer to be able to put this into a computer program which would make numbering simple and perhaps allow ease of going up and down the ancestor chart.

I did a bit of research into ahnentafel programs and many available online only go 10 or so generations. I need a much bigger one.

I see Family Tree Maker is on special offer at Amazon and that can do charts. But how many generations can it go to? Does it allow for a large medieval genealogy?

If anyone on here has a very large tree with the complicated intermarriages of the medieval period have they used a program successfully to do everything they wish?

I also came across this in my browsing and wondered if it is as good as it is hyped up to be
http://www.tcgr.bufton.org/index.html

Sue
x

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 31 Dec 2008 23:53

Sue

I have FTM2006 and it will generate an ahnentafel report to 99 generations!!

It will also produce NGS Quarterly and Register reports to 99 generations....Not that I have ever used these two types of report.

Hope you find something suitable.

Happy New Year

Chris

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Jan 2009 10:34

I've got the 2006 but don't know what the NGS Quarterly & Register reports are!

Helen