Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with Ancestry Birth Index Image-Sorted

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 1 Jan 2009 20:16

I'm wading through the Birth Indexes on Ancestry for Robert Fowler, I've viewed the years 1938 and 1940, but when I click on 1940 and 1941 I can only view Jan.. Apr.. July..Quarters. The Sept Quarters just give a blank page with a message "Error Processing Image Request". I've also tried going in the long way through Search>Year Range>Qtr.>1st letter of last name> and I still get the same message. Anyone know what else I can do?

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 1 Jan 2009 20:29

I had that happen the other day and i dont think there is a way round it on ancestry ,send a report in though.
a kind soul looked it up on find my past for me as it was only one year.
maybe someone would for you,i would but have no credits at the mo on there
vivienne

Ann

Ann Report 1 Jan 2009 20:34

Thanks for looking anyway Linda, I'm also finding at least one qtr. missing completely, in three consequetive years.
I was just going to try FMP but if you cant find them on there I'll postpone the search.

Thanks

Ann

Ann Report 1 Jan 2009 20:35

Thanks anyway Vivienne.
Cheers

David

David Report 1 Jan 2009 21:02

Hi - I've just tried this, and managed to get some results. Often the links are faulty/broken, and you have to be crafty.

My initial findings searching for Robert Fowler:

1940 Sept quarter missing?
1941 all present
1942 Dec quarter missing?

Check 1940 Sep qtr only - input name Fo = success.
Click on that.
Fowlers are on page 24 of 34. Go direct to that page.

Check 1942 Dec qtr only - input name Fo = success.
Click on that.
Fowlers are on page 26 of 36. Go direct to that page.

HTH

Ann

Ann Report 1 Jan 2009 21:07

Thanks a lot for that David. Will do it now.

Ann