Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ordering certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Catherine

Catherine Report 2 Jan 2009 02:30

Hi can anyone help please,I cannot seem to find the `link` with the little man with the hat on, where it says what are records? that I would click on and be taken to a new page where I could order certs.???????? It seems to have dissapeared !!
cathy

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 2 Jan 2009 04:09

Frome the FAQ.

Please select 'search records' at the top of the page. You will see the search box where you can enter the forename and surname of the person you are searching for. You must enter a year of birth. If you are unsure of the exact year you can then select for the results to show up to 5 years either side of that year.

If you are searching our Military death records only the surname is mandatory. The data is them split in to sections: Army, Army Officers, Naval Rankings for WW1 and the same again plus RAF, Naval Officers and Indian Services for WW2. You can search either one section or all for each war.

You can do a wildcard search on the 1901 Census, BMD records and Military records but you must enter 2 characters before the asterisk. For example, for a surname you could enter Smi*. Please be aware though that a wildcard search may not always be available in the case where there would be too many results. You will see a message telling you this.

I would order through the GRO myself here:-

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

With the GRO ref, you should only pay £7.

Catherine

Catherine Report 4 Jan 2009 02:24

Thankyou keith
since the new layout I seem to be a bit lost.!!
cathy