Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 4 Jan 2009 23:13

Since Ancestry has changed its format I have found it very difficult to negotiate the site. I used to be able click on Births and complete just a surname, a quarter and year and be able to trawl through that quarter to find various entries, I can no longer manage to do that. Can anybody tell me if there is a way which I am completely missing.
I know it gives the option to revert to the "old" way but using that I still can't view by quarter.
Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Linda

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 4 Jan 2009 23:21

on the home page at the top of the page between family tree and print & share, clickon search, then on the next page on the right near the bottom of the page under Birth, Marriage & Death, clickon, England & Wales, BMD Index this will take you to the old page where you could search eigher the Complete BMD Index ranges & Images 1837-1983
or Partial FreeBMD Indexes & Images 1837-1983 or Complete BMD Indexes 1984-2005

Roy

Linda

Linda Report 4 Jan 2009 23:25

Thank you Roy, you're a life saver.

Linda

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 5 Jan 2009 08:57

Better still, click on "Births, Marriages and Death Indexes" on the right hand side under "Quick Links" Takes you there directly. I also go direct to UK Census via Quick Links too.

You can also customise you own quick links - I might try this later on today.

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 5 Jan 2009 09:36

I am also having difficulties negotiating this new set up. I am having problems finding census prior to 1901.

Kathlyn

Charlie chuckles

Charlie chuckles Report 5 Jan 2009 10:23

i just stay on the old format-just keep clicking the button=I don't like the new format at all, don't know many who do-they don't seem to be paying much attention to what people are saying on their survey about it!
Carol

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 5 Jan 2009 12:17

BilboBaggins, the Births, Marriages and Death Indexes under Quick Links does not take you to the old page where you can search all 3 different index's

Kathlyn, same as for BMD's clickon search, then scroll down the page to the map and clickon the country that you want to search census's, and the they are all on the next page

Roy