Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Repeat request Birmingham Electoral Roll 1918/19 l

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen in Bucks

Helen in Bucks Report 5 Jan 2009 10:01

Birmingham Electoral Roll 1918/19 look up please - I posted this a few days ago on Records Office board but it has now slipped down a few pages, so this is a repeat request please.

Please could someone who has access to Birmingham electoral rolls look up who was registered at 103 Lancaster Street (doesn't exist now I don't think, from Streetmap looks like it is now the A34 near the children's hospital).

I am not sure if there will be an electoral roll for 1918 due to the war, but I think there should be one for 1919.

I'm hoping to find a William Wild, and possibly his wife Annie (depends on timing of married women being given the vote). But if they are not there would like to know who was.

Many thanks in advance,

Helen

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 5 Jan 2009 11:17

Sorry dont have Birmingham Electoral Roll but can confirm that Lancaster Street is still there and runs parallel to New Town Row and close to Lawson Street:

Jean

Jean Report 5 Jan 2009 11:22

Afraid I don't have access at the moment to eletral roll but will be visiting B'ham Records Office sometime soon so if no one has come up with an answer I will make a note & check it out fot you, I have a very old AtoZ which give Lancaster St on the junction with Corporation St, Loveday St & Steelhouse Lane, by which was then THe General Hospital now The Choldrens.

Helen in Bucks

Helen in Bucks Report 5 Jan 2009 11:25

thank you both, Jean if you wouldn't mind looking this up for me when you go to the records office it would be a great help, not sure when I'll be able to get up to Birmingham myself, as now live in Bucks, many thanks, Helen

Jean

Jean Report 5 Jan 2009 11:28

I have booked marked your request so I hopefully won't forget!!!

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 5 Jan 2009 11:42

Just checked and there was an electoral register in 1918 including abscent voters (there was a general election that year) The next electoral register is in 1920 - you can view them on line and search for addresses and individuals but you do need to subscribe to the site at:

http://www.midlandshistoricaldata.org/index.html

Helen in Bucks

Helen in Bucks Report 5 Jan 2009 11:59

staffordshire col - thanks for website tip, I have looked it up myself, unfortunately not the people I was hoping for, but even negative info can help!

Jean - will pm you too, thanks for you kind offer, but I have been able to use this website, so don't need you to look up for me

Helen

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 5 Jan 2009 12:13

Have had an idea Helen - have pm'd you