Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 5 Jan 2009 11:41

I have the 1891 census for a Mary Massie living in Liverpool, and listed in the household is....Jane Taylor, sister in law.

I know this Massie family are "mine", and therefor assume that Jane Taylor is Mary Massie`s sister.

Jane was born in 1853 in Kirkby, Lancashire and I have been unable to find a marriage for her to someone called Taylor.

Any suggestions please.

Kathlyn

Thelma

Thelma Report 5 Jan 2009 11:44

Depends on the age of the people.
Inlaw also means Step.

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 5 Jan 2009 11:50

I do know that Mary Massie, nee Mawdsley had a sister Jane born in 1853, so was hoping that the "sister in law" meant just that.

Mary Massie was born in 1851 and her husband George was born in 1842

Kathlyn

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 5 Jan 2009 11:58

a possible

Marriages Dec 1881 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAWDESLEY Jane Wigan 8c 84 <<<<<<<<
SUTTON John Wigan 8c 84
TAYLOR William Wigan 8c 84 <<<<<<<
Tornley Alice Wigan 8c 84

vivienne

mgnv

mgnv Report 5 Jan 2009 13:33

Supplementing Viv's post:

Lancashire Marriage indexes for the years: 1881
Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register Office Registers At Reference
MAWDESLEY Jane TAYLOR William St. Catherine,Wigan Wigan & Leigh C29/3/420
http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/