Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I cant connect!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 11 Jan 2009 17:03

Hi there, ive just been trying for the past 15 mins to search for people I already have in my tree, by typing in the name on the "search" bit then clicking "this tree" and some names it will bring up and others it will not.I know i have the name in my tree that i am looking for as it is one of my hot matches.
When i keep trying it comes up witha message saying"sorry we were unable to connect to genes reunited"

Is the websites fault or just because the website is too busy.

Thanks
Michelle

Blue1

Blue1 Report 11 Jan 2009 17:11

Hi,
Im having the same prob,have e-mailed GR a couple of days ago,but no response.
Also i can only reply to a comment using the reply button at the top of this page,the add won't work
Cathie

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 11 Jan 2009 17:11

Yep! It won't do mine either. Must be on a go-slow. GR need to get their act together.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 11 Jan 2009 17:13

The add button simply takes you back to the top of the page nowadays. I think this has been since the changes.

Blue1

Blue1 Report 11 Jan 2009 17:13

Me again,
it doesn't seem to matter what time of day or night i try to search my tree,still have the same prob.
Also the scroll is juddering
Cathie

Michelle

Michelle Report 11 Jan 2009 18:53

Yes, it still wont let me.And i have also noticed, when i try to put information in on one of my relatives it will jump and delete the some of the info, so I have to retype it in.Grrr..how annoying.It still wont let me see some my hot matches in my tree.How annoying.
Ive tried searching through my tree but cant find it as its not a diect family memeber and there is too many people to search through. I will try tomorrow maybe.

Im glad I am not the only one who is having these mishaps.
Thanks for replying.
Michelle

Ryan

Ryan Report 11 Jan 2009 19:13

Hi, I have also been having the same problem, it works for me, if I search for the parents, spouse or children of the individual that I am trying to find in my / other member's tree.

Failing that, try closing your web browser, and then load up the genes reunited website, it sometimes works.

And if none of them work, try contacting Genes Reunited.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ryan

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 11 Jan 2009 19:34

Yes ive had the same problem this afternoon, ive given up with the so called facilities on this site, about time GR got their act together,

George

Rebekah

Rebekah Report 11 Jan 2009 20:40

I have had a similar problem. Reported it to genes reunited on tuesday. they said it was a problem with my computer have tried 2 others and still cant access new trees or amend my tree.

Am getting a bit fed up with trying

dizzyjo

dizzyjo Report 11 Jan 2009 21:31

I cannot get onto the GR website through the conventional method.!!
This all started when GR changed their 'shop front' !!
My son has tried all sorts of things, like deleting all the cookies, plus other variations, which are beyond my computer knowledge, but I must have something lurking somewhere. Anyone any ideas
My only way iofgetting onto GR at present is through an email GR have sent me about 'Hot Matches' or the like.
Jo

Blue1

Blue1 Report 12 Jan 2009 08:51

Thanks Miss JaNuAry,
and thanks for the pm,will try what you suggest and see what happens.
I've had and e-mail back from GR saying they have reported my issues to the support team,I'll let every one know what happens
Cathie

dizzyjo

dizzyjo Report 12 Jan 2009 15:15

Hello Miss January

Many thanks for your info about trying to get onto GR the conventional method. My son won't be up now until the weekend, so will leave him your instructions and hope this will work.
Will let you know.
Many thanks
Jo

joysie4

joysie4 Report 12 Jan 2009 16:24

I couldnt connect to G.R this morning but its okay now