Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

German nationality in 1911 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steven

Steven Report 15 Jan 2009 12:43

Can anyone help? My grandmother was born in 1888 to a German father and English mother. In the 1911 the family are described as holding German nationality. I know that the whole family changed their names during the first world war, but never took steps to do so legally. Would they in fact have been considered German in 1911, or would their birthplace and that of the English have made them British? I haven't been able to find a UK marriage record for the parents, so it is possible that they were married in Germany.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Jan 2009 13:40

Already added to your other thread for the same query!!

Best to delete this duplicated request