Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RE tips for newbies

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Blue1

Blue1 Report 19 Jan 2009 14:26

unfortunately since the update by GR the add button doesn't work
Cathie

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 19 Jan 2009 14:42

Catherine, To add a post to a thread you now clickon the reply button at the top of the page and to the left of the Bookmark This button

Roy

Blue1

Blue1 Report 19 Jan 2009 14:47

that's what i've been doing,clicking the reply at the top,it doesn't add to the request,so my bit's and pieces keep slipping down,and i think the people helping me can't find the question i asked in the first place,
is that supposed to happen
Cathie

Blue1

Blue1 Report 19 Jan 2009 14:48

And why don't they just remove the unnecessary add button
Cathie

Blue1

Blue1 Report 19 Jan 2009 14:51

n

Blue1

Blue1 Report 19 Jan 2009 14:52

thanks jonesey,
must admit to not getting on with the changes
Cathie

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 19 Jan 2009 14:53

Catherine, Once you have put a thread on the board, If you need to amend the thread you need to clickon Edit, but once you have a reply eg, someone asking for more info then use the reply button so anyone following and helping will be able to see any changes.

Roy

Blue1

Blue1 Report 19 Jan 2009 14:53

thanks porkie pie,

Cathie

Blue1

Blue1 Report 19 Jan 2009 14:57

just put jonesey's tip into action on the trying to find and i'm back at the top now
thanks Cathie