Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What if you find a record that is wrong?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jon

Jon Report 22 Jan 2009 11:23

I have found a birth certificate on Genes Reunited but i know that the month of birth on it is wrong, I have seen the original. And I am not looking at the quarter, i am looking at the actual month of birth it gives you when you view it. How has this happened, has anyone else had this same problem?

Joy

Joy Report 22 Jan 2009 11:27

When you say you have found a birth certificate, do you mean that you have sent for it / obtained it from the GRO / register office?

Joy

Joy Report 22 Jan 2009 11:42

Have to leave the site now. Back later.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Jan 2009 11:51

The references for birth certificates give the "quarter" in which the birth took place. So if a birth was in either January, February or March it will be given as the March quarter (unless the birth was near to the end of the "quarter" in which case it may be in the next quarter which would be June.

Births in April, May or June are classed as June quarter.
Births in July, August or September are classed as September quarter.
Births in October, November or December are classed as December quarter.

Kath. x

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 22 Jan 2009 11:53

Maybe on here you've seen an index which gives the quarter of the year?
Some people might refer to eg. June Q. when they are referring to a birth REGISTERED in that quarter.
The child may have been born in April / May or June....or up to 42 days before the quarter started, making late February or March possible too.

Is this what you mean?

Gwyn

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 22 Jan 2009 12:16

You cannot see a birth cert online................all you can see is the registration index.