Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

micrsoft works versus microsoft office student

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nuttybongo

nuttybongo Report 22 Jan 2009 14:59

Hi there folks,
Need some help please. At the moment i have microsoft works and have got a lot saved through this, but i can't open a lot of peoples things because they have office student. If i load office student on, will it corrupt works, or will it stop me from opening my things on microsoft works at all. Don't want to put it on, if i will lose being able to open my documents.
Thanks for your help.

GaryOnTheAlgarve

GaryOnTheAlgarve Report 22 Jan 2009 15:05

Hi, You can open works docs in office(Home & student 2007) no problem, but if worried you can have works and office installed at same time, I had both for a while but recently uninstalled works as I hadn't used it for 18 months. Use office all the time.

nuttybongo

nuttybongo Report 22 Jan 2009 15:07

hi there,
thanks for that Gary. Was just unsure if i would lose anything. Would like to open things and print things out that people have sent me in office student. Will try and put it on tommorrow. Thanks again for your help in this matter.
thanks

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Jan 2009 16:32

I have both on mine