Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

advise needed please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sue

sue Report 23 Jan 2009 19:40

I have found a death record for Albert John Perkins in 1909 camberwell london ref 1d 393 a/m/j. the age was 0.
I want to order his birth cert but I cant seem to find a record of his birth in the birth index in 1909.
If a child was still born would you still have a birth record.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Sue

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 23 Jan 2009 19:48

Second one most likely? Found by entering all all types and between 1908 and 1909. Dont forget that if they had not reached the age of one they would be recorded as 0.

Births Mar 1908 (>99%)
Perkins Albert John Lambeth 1d [14]79
Births Jun 1908 (>99%)
Perkins Albert John Camberwell 1d 818
Deaths Jun 1909 (>99%)
PERKINS Albert John 0 Camberwell 1d 393

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 23 Jan 2009 19:50

A stillbirth would not be registered as a birth or death.

What about this birth?

Births Jun 1908 (>99%)

Perkins Albert John Camberwell 1d 818

Christine

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 23 Jan 2009 19:50

Stillborn children did not have a birth or death certificate.
To be aged 0 Albert would be any age from a few minutes to the day before his 1st birthday
What about this one?

Births Jun 1908

Perkins Albert John ..Camberwell 1d 818

Such a young child would probably be recorded on the certificate as the son of ( whoever) and occupation of his father shown if he was the named parent.