Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Computer help Windows mail.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 23 Jan 2009 21:05

Can anyone tell me how to remove new SMS from under the tool bar please.

Please make instructions simple as I am a complete computer idiot.

Betty

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 24 Jan 2009 00:04

nudge to see if anyone can help!!

SimonSez

SimonSez Report 24 Jan 2009 01:07

Hi Betty

Nice to see you are back.Not sure what SMS is ?

But try clicking View from top of page, scroll down to tool bars, then see if SMS is on the list and ticked. If it is then un tick it .

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 24 Jan 2009 01:45

Hi Simon,

Thank you!! have been back on for a little while now everyone sent pm's saying I should just have a break for a week or two, which I did and then I came back on GR again.
SMS is something to do with mobiles, there is a tiny picture of a mobile phone and the words NEW SMS under it.

Betty

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 24 Jan 2009 08:23

Not sure but it sounds as though someone has sent you a text email from a mobile phone. Click on it and see what happens.