Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please,Family tree Maker V11

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maurice

Maurice Report 25 Jan 2009 17:31

Is it possible to print the list of ALL individuals

Regards
Maurice

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 25 Jan 2009 21:45

I dont think that you CAN print just a list of the contents of your family file BUT you CAN print a kinship list which DOES list everone

Bob

Maurice

Maurice Report 27 Jan 2009 11:13

Thank you Bob, I will have to use the kinship list as you suggest. I have two family tree files with the same content one shows 154 MB the other shows 176MB both are the same tree.
So something is missing from one of them, I tried to merge the two but a message said that 265 files may not merge, I decided not to continue as I may have mucked it all up. Hence my original question - which I hope will help with a manual transfer.

Thanks again,

Maurice

Heather

Heather Report 27 Jan 2009 12:29

You can error check - which would show any duplicated names or names without connections to the tree.(well you can from FTM 2005 onwards, I assume that your version has the facility under tools?)

Maurice

Maurice Report 28 Jan 2009 00:16

Thank you Heather for that - in panic mode we always seem to miss the obvious, I will try that.
Regards
maurice

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 28 Jan 2009 08:24

To print a list of ALL individuals in your tree, select Reports, then Custom. If you wish, you can tailor the items that you wish to see, or indeed select only certain individuals by clicking Content, and making your selection.