Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

electoral roll query please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

:) still smiling :)

:) still smiling :) Report 25 Jan 2009 21:09

hi all

i was wondering if someone could help me out concerning the elctoral rolls. i am unsure of how to find the recent electoral rolls. i beleive i heard somewhere that older ones would be kept at the local records office.

i have an address book of my great grandfathers that i beleive was last updated before he died in the 1980's. there are a few relatives addresses in there and i wanted to find out if they still live there or how long ago they left that address.

could anyone advise me on how or where to search the recent electoral rolls please?

Thank you,
Lee.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 25 Jan 2009 21:17

I know that some people have the recent electoral rolls on disc or CD and sometimes people offer to do look ups on the "Records Office" board..

You could start a new thread on there asking for a recent electoral roll look-up and hopefully someone with access will look for you.

Kath. x

:) still smiling :)

:) still smiling :) Report 25 Jan 2009 21:18

Thank you Kath i guess i should have thought of that! whoops. its a bit obvious now someone else has said it! thank you very much Kath, i'll have a look to see if anyone is offering and if not will put up my own thread. thanks again.

Lee.x