Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RCE's how do you do this on Scottish Records ques

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 26 Jan 2009 17:13

I have found several errors where people have given wrong information when they regstered a birth. The errors made were wrong date of the parents marriage entered on two birth registrations.

How do you go about telling either Scotlands People or the local office where the births were registered that there has been a mistake made on these records.

Has anyone ever done this?

Betty

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 26 Jan 2009 17:25

I've not done a correction but there's one on my G G Granny's death cert & I had to pay extra to see it

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 26 Jan 2009 17:33

Hi Claire,

Yes I have had a few RCE's on records I have searched on Scotlands People as well, you have to pay a few credits to see it as you said. I just wondered how you can add an RCE though because my grandparents have put the wrong year they married on both their childrens birth registrations.

Betty