Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DUDLEY WEST MIDLANDS BURIALS AND CREMATIONS SITE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 26 Jan 2009 19:43

A friend emailed me this searchable site for burials and cremations in Dudley, West Midlands. Some date from the early 1900's and up to cremations in about 2005, covering Gornal Wood and Stourbridge. Covers some burials in Lye as well !
I found a number of my relatives buried with their spouces relatives, so I have more to research.

The link is: http://www2.dudley.gov.uk/burial_records/RegEnq.asp

Mary J

Mary J Report 26 Jan 2009 20:01

One thing to bear in mind on the Dudley Council site is that several of the entries are not complete.
Prior to April 2005 the cremation records on this site are incomplete and do not include the age of the deceased or their date of death These fields will show as 0 years by the age and blank in the date of death field. For further information on these records, please contact the relevant crematorium office.

In addition there are also a small amount of burial records that were transferred without a date of burial on them. These will show up with a default date of 01/01/1800 against them. These records will be amended over a gradual period of time. Any queries regarding these records, please contact the relevant cemetery office. Due to legal restrictions we cannot publish any information on cremation or burial records within a minimum of the past 6 months. The site is periodically updated every 6 months.

Another site of interest for those of you with relatives in the Stourbridge, Brierley Hill & Dudley area there are burial records for Amblecote Church from 1904 to 2008.

http://www.holytrinityamblecote.org.uk/parish_records.htm

They are divided into separate years as follows.
1904 to 1921
1922 to 1941
1942 to 1954
1954 to 1996
1997 to 2008

Mary J