Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Viewing trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Spam

Spam Report 26 Jan 2009 23:18

Time for me to renew with GR,

I noticed that in viewing a tree I cannot see place born or date of marriage or where marriage took place etc.

Is there a way to correct this?

If not , I can't see renewing

If it's not broke don't fix it

Kate

Kate Report 26 Jan 2009 23:38

Is it someone else's tree you're finding that with? Could be that they've uploaded it from their family tree programme and some details are not filled in. Apparently it's one of the ways you can get round not knowing a birthplace etc.

Spam

Spam Report 27 Jan 2009 03:38

Thanks Kate, yeah, I guess it's the way they uploaded as I know I can see that info on my tree

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 27 Jan 2009 07:20

Two separate issues here.

If the other member hasn't added the details then there is little you can do about it.

Or is it that you are saying you can not scroll to the information? I always use family view to look at information and size the page so that it fills the screen left to right without the need to scroll sideways. This leaves a right hand scroll bar to get down to the personal information that you describe.

Other tips to get more info on the screen are:- Hide unwanted menu bars at the top of you browser, or press F11 to get full screen view.