Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding a birth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 27 Jan 2009 13:00

My great, great grandfather, John Mills is shown on census records with a son called John Mills but this John Mills was born before my gg. grandfather married my g.g.grandmother and as they were married in Salford and this children was born in Liverpool 4 years before their marriage I am assuming that he has a different mother. On my g.g. grandather's marriage cert it says he is a bachelor. I have looked at births for John Mills in Liverpool for the date I think he was born going from information from census records, but there are a few, any ideas how I can elliminate them as I have already bought one cert that isn' the correct one - hope ths makes sense

Thelma

Thelma Report 27 Jan 2009 13:23

I would have thought that he was the wife's son and should be registered with her maiden name.

Alan

Alan Report 27 Jan 2009 13:29

Anne,
If you visit "familysearch.org" you will see many John Mills but you will have to judge if any match your information.
Good Luck

Anne

Anne Report 27 Jan 2009 13:36

Thanks I will try them

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 27 Jan 2009 17:00

You need to find out what the mother's maiden name was........and look for a birth with that surname...........