Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find fathers sibblings

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 29 Jan 2009 16:34

hi all i have been trying to find two people
margaret e j c ewen 1933 born aberdeen
james g horne 1938 born aberdeen
these two are my dads half sibblings i have been trying to find them for a few years now but no luck got their birth certificates so know they exist but cant find any trace a few kind people have helped with no luck i am stuck what to do next been everywhere to look written letters to numerous who thought to be them but nothing the problem my gran died after having james so im not sure what happend to margaret i know they lived at 24 school road aberdeen in 1938 when she died then it goes blank my dad is ill and i so want to find them for him thankyou

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 29 Jan 2009 17:56

n

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 29 Jan 2009 18:22

Have you tried orphanages in Aberdeen area? Or looking for their fathers on the electoral roll? Or for them on the electoral roll when they are 21?

Margaret

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 29 Jan 2009 18:29

hi margaret no i havent tried orphanages i thought she would have stayed with her step father and james when her mother died i have her fathers details but he dissappeared when she was 2 have tried electoral roll written to a few but no luck thanks for helping

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 29 Jan 2009 18:52

There is a Margaret E J Ewen marrying Philip E Copp in Ilford, Essex, Q3 1959, 5a/1189, and there is the birth of Copp twins, mmn Ewen in Ilford, Q1 1962, Deborah J and Gillian A.

What do you think?

Margaret

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 29 Jan 2009 19:01

have sent you pm margaret with some details

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 29 Jan 2009 21:31

n