Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Which Birth?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥Deetortrainingnewfys♥

♥Deetortrainingnewfys♥ Report 29 Jan 2009 20:48

Which should I take?
I have discovered that my grandfather had a baby sister who died age 3.

I have the details to order the death certificate, but when looking for the birth reference, there are two and I am confused as to which to order. Can anyone advise me what to do?

The birth record is that of Ethel May Palmer born June 1/4 1904 in Wolverhampton.

There is one listed reference 6b 675 and one listed reference 6b 678.

Why would there be two?
Surely the name Ethel May Palmer could not have been used twice in the same 1/4 of the same year??

Any advice would be useful.
Thanks.
Dee

Kate

Kate Report 29 Jan 2009 21:03

Could be a mistranscription by Ancestry? Or not . . .

I had a look at the image for Palmer in that quarter and there are indeed two Ethel May Palmers, one with page number 673 and one with 675. I wonder if her parents could have registered her twice?

I was thinking that the page number had been mistranscribed but there are definitely two different numbers.

♥Deetortrainingnewfys♥

♥Deetortrainingnewfys♥ Report 29 Jan 2009 21:16

Thank you Janet, I'll do that, had forgotten that they cross reference.

Thankyou Kate