Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just met a rellie found on this site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 30 Jan 2009 07:37

Back in early 2008 I found a rellie via this site who lives n New Zealand. As i was going to visit relatives in NZ, I emailed the new contact asking if we could meet. He was overjoyed that I was comeing to see him.

My great grandmother and his great grandfather were brother and sister, so we had exchaned info and photos prior to my leaving the UK for NZ.

I went to see him yesterday and was made very welcome. The cousin I am staying with in Auckland is related to this new found rellie in the same way I am, so we had lots to tlk about.

My cousins wife came with us and it turned out that she had gone to the same school as the rellie we were visiting. Small world.

Asd a parting gift my new rellie gave me a copy of his fathers life story which he had put onto a CD for me, and he also told me that he is sure there is another close contact living in NZ.

Oh well, when I thought I had exausted all known contacts i will have to start trawling again.

Kathlyn

Huia

Huia Report 30 Jan 2009 09:20

Hello Kathlyn, I hope you are enjoying your visit down under. My father's 2nd cousin is due to arrive from England on Monday morning. I am looking forward to meeting her. She wants to meet as many relatives as she can.

Huia (in South Auckland)