Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry - is it me?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 1 Feb 2009 13:04

I have been trying to search for a birth but it keeps telling me that the search cannot be carried out as I am not providing enough information. What else can I give other than fullname, quarter and year (1903)

Just to test it I tried with a 1957 birth and got the same response.

Thanks

Sheila

Julie

Julie Report 1 Feb 2009 13:12

I have just tried to see if i could find my brothers birth & that came up OK ( 1958)

Are you looking on the Complete BMD Indexes 1984-2005

Potty

Potty Report 1 Feb 2009 13:23

Have you tried freebmd?

Quoy

Quoy Report 1 Feb 2009 13:43

I to am having this problem on the complete bmds
it was fine last Tuesday morning but nothing since

Julie

Julie Report 1 Feb 2009 13:49

They have combined the 2 complete indexes together so you now need to click on this bit

Complete BMD Indexes 1984-2005
Then click on Births

Thelma

Thelma Report 1 Feb 2009 14:01

I think these are now the only options.
England & Wales, Birth Index: 1916-2005

England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index, 1837-1915

Sheila

Sheila Report 2 Feb 2009 15:31

Thanks for your input. I have now managed to get in to check the 1957 birth but I can't seem to get a 1902/3/4. One I have picked up from Free BMD and I was going to send for the certificate anyway, but the other one has got me stuck for the time being. Guess I need plenty of time to play with it - try to figure out the changes they've made.

S