Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Essex Records Office

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 1 Feb 2009 21:50

May I ask if wills may be ordered online?

I can sit for hours, searching the internet for information of my brickwall ancestors. However, when it comes to reading directions on how to order something on a website, I get so frustrated!

I am very interested in obtaining a copy of a will from 1846. Would anyone know please if someone living in California may order a copy of a will from ERO, via the internet? Thank you.

Joy

Joy Report 1 Feb 2009 22:30

I think I would email them -

http://www.essexcc.gov.uk/vip8/ecc/ECCWebsite/dis/guc.jsp?channelOid=13813&guideOid=14783&guideContentOid=14819

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 2 Feb 2009 01:35

Thank you very much Joy. I will try an email. As well as one will, I may have found my ancestor's property on an auctioneer's notebook. Thank you for your suggestion.

Joy

Joy Report 2 Feb 2009 08:43

You're welcome.