Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry Problems

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 2 Feb 2009 11:43

Is anyone having problems accessing Birth Records on Ancestry. Since last Friday no matter which part of births I try I keep getting the message "Insufficient information" . There is only a box for the name and year and no matter what you put in they say the same. I have e-mailed Ancestry but had no response so far.

Ken

Ken Report 2 Feb 2009 12:01

I am having the same problems with them so I expect it’s the snow.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 2 Feb 2009 12:16

Is it the complete index 1837-1983?

you can now search 1916 up to 2005 they have transcribed thoughs years now,

since they started with the 1916 to 2005 their has been a problem with complete index 1837-1983 births on ancestry,

Have you tryed going in through the partial free index? just select surname, the year, then go to view image on any name, it is the same page that you view on the full index

Roy

Carol

Carol Report 2 Feb 2009 13:40

Yes it is the 1837-1983 index I am having problems with. Unfortunately
going in through the partial index is just not getting me into the years I require. Most of the time it just comes up no matches.