Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth search changed on Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Redharissa

Redharissa Report 4 Feb 2009 10:55

They have now split the partial search into 2 separate divisions but done it in a strange way so it is not immediately obvious!

You click on 1837-1983 as previously but that only covers up to 1915. You then have to click on a link on that page for births after 1915. Derrr!!!

It caught me out!

Jim The Ferret

Jim The Ferret Report 4 Feb 2009 11:52

Try FREEBMD instead

Jim

Grumpy

Grumpy Report 4 Feb 2009 22:25

there appears to be no births now after 1915 or am i missing something

Grumpy

Grumpy Report 4 Feb 2009 22:28

Marriage and Death Index ranges & Images 1837-1983

There are two Birth index collections and three Marriage and Death index collections and it is important that you search the right one to find the person that you’re looking for????????????

Grumpy

Grumpy Report 4 Feb 2009 22:37

sussed it?????
Partial FreeBMD Indexes & Images 1837-1983
select births
when search box appears
at the bottom in green writing it says

if searching for births after 1915 click here.........
marvellous
now i can be grumpy???????????????????????????

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Feb 2009 22:40

Ooooops, I've just found it - 5 minutes after I emailed Ancestry asking where the births had disappeared to. They'll think I'm blind or daft (although I do think it is easy to miss!!!)

Kath. x

Redharissa

Redharissa Report 5 Feb 2009 00:32

It is too easy not to see the link as drops off the bottom of the screen.

Joanne in Burgess Hill™

Joanne in Burgess Hill™ Report 5 Feb 2009 01:11

I have just been looking at my tree, and all of the birth images from early 1900 - 1983 that I have attached to people have been erased. The image icon is still there, but it say 'unknown' by the side of it.

Edit: I have just looked again, and the search for 1916 -- 2005 is under the heading for complete BMD 1983-2005

Geraldine

Geraldine Report 5 Feb 2009 06:16

I just got 2 weeks free trial on Ancestry (again) I needed some GRO references to order my husbands birth and our marriage certificate to send to the UK (not letting the Post Office loose the real originals)

It took me a good hour to find them - I was beginning to worry we didn't exist :-)

Eventually I stumbled across the complete BMD and got the info needed. They don't make it easy!!

Cheers Gerry